How to get marathon ready
Marathon tips for runners and supporters
It’s marathon season, from London to Paris to Brighton to Boston, and including the ultimate for many, the Marathon Des Sables.
Whether you’re running or supporting, here’s how to get ready.
Lots of training and marathon day tips from me, including...
Marathon Runners: useful things for you
- Write it down! There’s a lot to remember to do.
You feel better when you get it out of your head, onto paper, and better again when you tick it off!
- Don’t let nerves make you forget a vital piece of kit.
Use an AOYS checklist to be sure you’ve got everything you need.
- Finally remember your supporters and sponsors.
Send them a card that shows how much their support of your running has helped.
Marathon Supporters: useful things for you
- Make sure you have a fun and stress-free time watching your runner, with my spectators’ tips.
- Send your runner a card to show them your support and wish them a great race after all their hard training.
- Congratulate your marathon finisher with a special marathon runner gift.
Give them a print with their time to celebrate their success, or a pin to show they are an awesome marathon runner.